Friday, 13 January 2012

Practical 6 Activity 3

a.    Do you think it is more effective to search the invisible web (databases) than using search engines, meta-search or subject directories? Why?

It is more effective to search using invisible web. The databases in invisible webs are up to date and have relevant search results and the articles are very informative for the topic I am doing.



b.    Name ONE database which you will use for your research topic. Why?

EBSCOhost database. I tried searching that database before and I found a lot of useful information and articles from that database. Those articles can be used to help in my research for my topic.



c.    Name ONE more database which you will use for your course. How will you use this database for your course?

Another database I would use will be LexisNexis. This database gives search results on newspaper articles. Newspaper articles are very informative and results may contain articles that I have never come across before.

No comments:

Post a Comment